Here I am, seven months postpartum and ready to get back into shape! This past winter was so long and cold, I thought I would never have the energy to put back into myself. But the universe had other plans and brought me a month of sunshine and optimism. I now feel refreshed and ready … Continue reading Makeover Plan to Get My Physical Health Back
I get the gym membership thing. For 4-5 years, my husband and I used to be dedicated 5am gym goers until my first born got close to 2 years old and we could no longer slide a sleeping babe into the car seat while my husband and I took turns working out while the other … Continue reading Getting Back to Physical and Spiritual Self-Care
I am sitting here with my mind racing. I work remotely (from home) 60% of my schedule. I am in the office the other 40% (2 days). I am spared much of the inner office turmoil and drama. Two years ago my employer hit a serious cash flow crisis which resulted in a major restructure … Continue reading The grass isn’t always greener
Disclaimer: The views in this post are mine alone and based on my personal, very subjective experience. This is not to criticize the experience of my childhood or members of my biological family. I have been married for 5 years. We have two children between us and one from my husband's first marriage. Deciding it … Continue reading His, mine, or ours? Why I struggle with sharing money.
I recently attended a preschool birthday party for a child in my daughter’s class. It was lovely, age appropriate and fun. The following night I had a dream that it was the day of my own child’s birthday party and at 4 or 5 pm she had one friend over playing. In my dream I … Continue reading What do these dreams mean?
Snow was falling fast. Heavy, wet flakes covering us. I have eluded in other posts that we recently purchased and moved into a new home. I call this home my 1986 dream home, not only in honor of the year it was built but also to pay homage to the original rose porcelain toilet, sink … Continue reading Healing the 100 year old Apple Tree
This is a wonderful graphic I came across on snowcrablove In the natural world, crabs and other crustaceans grow through the process of molting. If you google the word molt it will give you this definition: "(of an animal) shed old feathers, hair, or skin, or an old shell, to make way for a new … Continue reading Physical signs of the metaphysical: Life transformation